I’ve made chocolate before using another recipe that included cacao butter. I love it, but wifey finds it is too oily for her liking so I’ve been looking for alternative ways to make it.
Wifey actually found this recipe to make “choco-nut butter cups” which she liked the sound of. When I read through it I thought it was remarkably similar to the chocolate recipe I used, but replaces the cacao butter with a nut butter.
Thus I decided to give it a go and use a chocolate mould instead, and it worked. Even better (or worse depending on how you look at it), wifey loves it! It seems to be less oily than the cacao butter based versions, and it doesn’t melt as quickly.
- 1/4 cup macadamias
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Process macadamias in a food processor until smooth and buttery.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Pour into your choice of chocolate mould.
- Set in the fridge.
- If you are short on time, you can replace the macadamias with macadamia butter.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve as the chocolate will melt easily.